Interesting Woodworking Link

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Episode #4 - Veneering Part II

Veneer Tape-Up • Part I

video

Click here for a large format video version on BlipTv


I am very excited to “press on” and start my first veneering project! I plan to veneer a small panel as an experiment to see how the process works. I purchased a couple of veneer packs on sale at Rockler to use in my experiment. This panel is 1/4 inch MDF hardboard veneered with movingui, a hard wood from Africa. I will be using TiteBond Cold Press Veneer Glue.

Some Basic Veneering Definitions

Veneer
– A thin surface layer, as of finely grained wood, glued to a base of inferior material.

Flitch – The thin layers of veneer sliced from a cross–section of a log. Flitch veneers are often kept in order as they are sliced from a log.

MOVINGUI is a bright lemon to orange-colored wood that originated in Africa.

Thanks to Neil Lamens at Furnitology Productions
for the inspiration to start veneering!


Furnitology Blog

Furnitology Productions

Veneer Supplies and Equipment - joewoodworker.com

No comments: